Saturday, December 31, 2016

INB4 2017!

I didn't miss an entire year!  2016 has been busy, crazy, exciting, tragic, and it isn't quite over yet. Between school, and Valence Massage, and social media, and having a little girl to keep me constantly moving, I have had little time to sit and write any meaningful reflections.  This is probably not going to be a meaningful reflection.  I would like to acknowledge that one of the most influential teachers in my life has been blogging here: <http://www.nmtmidwest.com/blog/> You should probably be reading that instead of this.

I'm currently reading Diane Jacobs new book, DermoNeuroModulating. It's a very good read for clinicians looking to understanding working with the skin as an agent of neurological change. As a massage therapist, working on the skin every day, it is very strange how underappreciated it really is in our field. As far as I have seen, this is the first book that focuses on treating pain primarily focusing on movement of surface structures in the skin. Why have we spent so much time focused on less innervated tissue hidden beneath?

If you are starved for content, I still regularly share interesting reads on the Valence Massage facebook page. I try to put something interesting there every few weeks.

Happy New Year everyone!

8 Random Things Everyone Should Know About Massage

I try to never miss an entire year on my blog, so here is one post for 2018: a list of concepts I think everyone should know before receivin...